skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ethical Question #3
Well, here it is, the next BIG QUESTION! But first, I need to ask, how often should I post a new question? I am thinking one or two a week is good. Anyway, I guess I will just play it by ear until I get more feedback.
So, here we go...
"At what point does money stop making people happier and have you reached that point, yet?"
I remember a time when I thought money held all of the answers. Sadly, for some folks I am related to, it seems they think it still does. When my husband and I were first married, we lived paycheck to paycheck, as many people do, and it was hard. At that time, I often thought if we just made a little more money life would be so much easier. I was wrong! Now, I am not saying we make a load of money these days. (Remember, we serve our country as military members!) As many of you know, this military thing is not some "get rich quick" scheme, more people would be knocking on recruiters' doors if that were the case! All I am saying is my husband is no longer an E-3 AND we are a dual military family now, so we do OK. Back to the question... As time has passed, I have come to realize that happiness comes in many forms and most of those have absolutely NOTHING to do with the almighty dollar! Take for instance my job as a NICU nurse. There is nothing more rewarding than being in a room when a new baby is born (you can actually feel the presence of the Lord) OR when a new father holds his baby for the first time- my all time favorite! Also, I get pure pleasure from being in the same room as my husband and kids, I could sit and soak them up for hours. I love them beyond belief!! Don't get me wrong, it is nice to not have to worry where our next meal is coming from, we can even eat out more than our fair share; but, that is NOT what makes me happy. I used to think that someday I would have my 1/2 million dollar home and my 7 carat diamond ring and all would be grand with the world. Not so anymore. All I want is for my children to be good, happy, healthy, well-adjusted adults and for my husband and I to have a good, loving relationship for many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment